Walsall Archives Service is the archive and local studies service for Walsall borough.
We hold, preserve and collect archives documenting past and present life in the areas that make up the current metropolitan borough, and make them available to the people of Walsall and beyond.
We are based in the Lichfield Street Hub, alongside Walsall Library and offer a range of services including:
- access the archive and local studies collections, microfiche and microfilm
- access computers to use Ancestry and Find My Past
- print and photocopying facilities
- camera permits for copying documents
- books and maps to purchase
We encourage you to book an appointment before you visit. Space is limited and we want to make sure that the material you want to view is available. If you know what you’d like to look at, we can get the documents out for you in advance. You can find records of our holdings online at the National Archives and Black Country History website.