Oswestry Town Council Archives
The collection contains: the records of the unreformed Borough of Oswestry (1324-1835), the records of the reformed Borough of Oswestry (1835-1967) and the records of the Rural Borough of Oswestry (1967-1974).
The oldest document, a grant by the Earl of Arundel of two shops to the Burgesses of Oswestry, is dated 1324. However, most of the collection dates from 1674. The collection contains public records such as Quarter Sessions and records of the Court of Record. It also contains a small collection of local photographs and maps.