Birmingham Archdiocesan Archives (BAA)

The BAA holds the episcopal and administrative records of the Midland District (1688-1840), the Central District (1840-1850), the Diocese of Birmingham (1850-1911) and the Archdiocese of Birmingham (1911-present).  It is the repository for all the parishes in the Archdiocese, which comprises the ancient counties of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Oxfordshire.  It also holds the archives of the educational facilities and institutions of the archdiocese, including St Mary’s College, Sedgley Park College, Cotton College and Besford Court School and a small number of records relating to schools, convents, religious houses and social care institutes.

This entry was last updated on 29/02/2024. Information incorrect or out-of-date?